Friday, May 15, 2009

Everything's Coming Up...

Dear Nature
(and whoever actually planted them),

Thank you for the beautiful peonies in the backyard. They are HUGE blossoms, they smell amazing (really fragrant, not just green like many flowers) and best of all – I didn’t have to plant them. Sure, there are ants on them sometimes, but I can flick or rinse those away, no problem. I snipped one and have it on my desk at work, and catching a whiff of it every time I turn around makes it easier to be indoors all day long. I think I’ll snip some more to bring in the house, if I can get enough of them without the ants.




I’ve never been a girl who cares much for flowers – not a dislike, just a disregard. Now, I actually stop by the bush each morning on my way to the car. I’m thinking about ways to give them as little gifts once more and more of them bloom. When it stormed the other night, I found myself thinking, “Good for the peonies!” You probably won’t find me on my hands and knees in one of those silly hats playing in the dirt any time soon, but I’m noticing, Nature. I’m noticing.

Thanks Again,
Teresa

PS – Good job on the irises too!


4 comments:

wild cowgirl said...

sooo pretty.

and i like how things are lookin 'round here
(the blog)

teresa said...

why thank you, ma'am! i think when i post pics of the house, they'll pop more against the white.

Jeanee said...

ooh ooh! may I have some peonies?

teresa said...

as soon as a few more bloom - i got you!