Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Comparing NOTES: 1 undergrad, 1 postgrad-both freshmen

This series is about the first year of school for an undergraduate student and a graduate student, respectively. Each week, the students will submit journal entries relating their experiences--highs, lows, frustrations, breakthroughs, epiphanies and all-nighters (let's pray there aren't too many of those).
**
1.3
Grad (08/29/10)
Hypothesis: I cannot do my homework at home--least of all on my couch.

Trial 1:
Read...nod...zzz...hours pass...wake with a start...oh hell!

Trial 2:
Begin reading again...reread last passage...nod...zzz...an hour passes...wake in a huff...FTW!!

Trial 3:
READ...nod...zzz...wake with a familiar foreboding...not AGAIN!!!

Conclusion: No, I cannot do my homework on my couch, but that does not mean I will be unsuccessful in every place in my house.

Further Study:
--Try using the office (duh!)
--Do my reading standing up


2 comments:

JUST ME said...

tell them to get hopped up on caffeine before they read. It may make your hands shake, but at least you can comprehend late into the night...

teresa said...

duly noted. but no note-taking. shaky hands+note taking=chicken scratch.)