Thursday, December 30, 2010

Well, that was fun

WHEREAS
Even I am growing tired of the random content and haphazard posting on this here blog, and want to be deliberate about something…

WHEREAS
In trying to publish more in journals, I can no longer post drafts because even though there’s no huge readership, to some publications this space still counts as publishing and many lit mags request “no previously published work”…

WHEREAS
I cannot bring myself to divulge private things on a regular basis, which seems to be the key to being a widely and oft-read personal blog, for I am barely able to divulge in real life and I tend to internally berate myself for being self-centered and overindulgent (well, I guess that’s pretty personal)...

WHEREAS
Five years is a long time, and my blog has lasted longer than some marriages…

WHEREAS
It has always bothered me, in a telltale “your fly is down” sort of way, that I misspelled my URL…

IT IS DECREED
Words, Words, Words (previously known as Rough Draft) is taking its curtain call. *It was hard for me to know when to call it quits; I don’t like the idea of leaving my web-trash all over the place. Maybe I’ll work it into the archives of my next project.
***

There will likely be another...something--a more intentional, properly planned something--in the future. 
But for the moment, I'd rather read/listen to you. 

Happy new year, and keep me posted!

No comments: