Monday, February 13, 2006

a little dough...an easy flow...

got paid for my first freelance project today. very cool. i thought about framing the check and stuff like store owners do with their first dollars, but bump all that, i got the memory... i'm going to venture out into the spokenword world out here. i've been waiting to just have the time, but we all know how that goes - if you don't make it [time], you don't get it... ran into a fellow spelmanite (c/o '05). she's also in kc doing her thing. we'll probably hit up some joints together. she's trying to muster up the nerve to go on the mic, and i'm trying to get back into my space - get my mojo workin' - 'stablish myself - see if it's still in me. it's kinda nerve-wrecking, but it's all eustress. i'm looking forward to some more eustress in the coming weeks. the midwest is about to become a new frontier all over again (minus the pillaging, deception, theft, etc. - basically just the new part)...on the valentine's day tip, let me just say - it's crazy working in a place that has huge stock in the celebration of holidays...don't really have much else to say. my insides right now are rather tranquil. like i'm seventy percent water and no waves. just peace - it's good, you know? maybe something in me lies dormant for the winter, or maybe it's the isolation of energy; just me with me, so even when i'm spontaneous there are no surprises. whatever it is, i'm cool with it...yeah, man...it's cool...peace

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm so excited for you honey!!!!!
wonderful! fabulous! delicious!!

you've got everything you need and more!!

don't believe me? you just wrote, "my insides right now are rather tranquil. like i'm seventy percent water and no waves" without even blinking. pure dopealiciousness.

love you! i look forward to witnessing the new work.

Anonymous said...

I named a dance after you.
And people liked it.
Thanks

Intisar

Alison said...

well instead of framing it, you can forward that check right over to me. I'll frame it right inside my bank account.

alii