Saturday, June 02, 2007

chaos, mayhem, pandemonium...frenzy!

While perusing the newly added posts of blogher.org, I came across this call to creative writers, dreamers, and procrastinators everywhere; it's a month long, international project called script frenzy, and, my friends, it is exactly that. In thirty days, all participants are charged to write 20,000 words in the form of a screenplay or stage play. Fade-in was 12:00am in June 1st, and fade-out is 11:59pm on June 30th. Everyone who meets the word count is a winner; everyone who tries is a celebrated participant. There's no cash prize, and they (the script frenzy people) have a computer program that does a word count when you submit the writing, so there's no real danger of plagiarism. I discovered this automated muse on the evening of the 31st of May - not much time to think it over, but I decided to jump in. So why did I decide to do it? Why not? There's motivation without pressure. True to form, the first 24 hours have come and gone, and I have no more of a script than I did when I discovered the project. But what am I doing? I'm telling you all about it instead of getting to work. Call it a part of my "process." Perhaps this will be the proverbial fire under my a*s. I'll be sure to keep yous guys aware of my progress- however shameful it may be.

1 comment:

wild cowgirl said...

i'm good at telling people to get the molasses out their butt...
...real good!