Thursday, March 06, 2008

Love Triangle...

Dear Spring,

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by last weekend.
It was great to see you. I just wish I knew you were
coming; I would have cleaned up a little! But we spent
so much time outside, I bet you didn't even notice the
slight messiness. That's why I love having you over.
You're such a pleasant house guest -- your warm
personality and sunny disposition make you a joy to have
around. I hope you'll visit us again soon, and please
plan to stay longer next time! Don't worry about
wearing out your welcome -- it's impossible!

Until next time... (which will be some time soon, right?)

Your Friend,
Frost Bitten

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Winter,

WTF!? I told you it was over between us. You really need
to stop hanging around like I'm going to change my mind. I
will admit, you were very interesting at first - always playing
it cool made me want to get to know you better. And our
first snow together absolutely took my breath away. But what
then, and what now? Our relationship has grown quiet and cold.
That may be your cup of tea, but I've had enough of this -- of you.

Good Riddance...

Sidewalk Salty

3 comments:

a black girl said...

With the days getting longer, winter will get the hint. Hopefully. Maybe we should kidnap that groundhog...

teresa said...

hello love!

yes. let's kidnap the groundhog. (and we'll do it with stylish black skull caps and mission impossible background music!)

wild cowgirl said...

yo.
i am LAUGHING.
you are a genius dear.