Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Back "On Top"

 I’d given up reviewing ANTM because my interest was waning 
and the show has been on forever, but I am still watching.  
And last week was just full of good stuff, like:


Tyra’s ensembles.  She looked so very chic in her puffy-shouldered black, and let’s not even get me started on that gorgeous gray single-buttoned cat suit?  Emphasis on the suit; it was one piece but the top was a blazer. Shut up!  Someone is glad to have her body back.  PS, Tyra, thanks for toning the hair and make-up way down.


 No Miss J?  Who could ever replace Miss J?  It can’t be done!  These were my thoughts, but lo and behold!  André Leon Talley.  Honey, it’s a wrap. I may actually learn something from this cycle, especially the way he likes to throw French and fashion terms about all willy-nilly.  Alasia had better be glad he’s there, or she wouldn’t be.  I sense Nigel is feeling some kind of way though; he’s not the big man on the catwalk anymore.


Raina.  Her picture – swoon.  
Not touching her eyebrows during the makeovers was a stroke of genius on Tyra’s part.


Ren.  This has happened before, and I’m just as aggravated.  She bemoans being a part of the competition, but when in the bottom two she let someone else go home.  Gabrielle really wanted to be there, but you didn’t speak up. Boo on you.
 

 Jessica.  Stunning. once she learns what she’s doing, that one will be a major threat.


 Simone. I’m not going to sleep on her either.


 Krista. Body and bone structure are amazing. Still waiting for you to impress.


 Alasia.  She is beautiful, but she’s still a child, 
and right now that is overpowering my perception of her.


 Angelea.  How are you so hard-edged in person and so soft and feminine in photos?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never actually sat down and gotten into watching this show. A few years ago I actually knew a girl who was on and I watched it then but stopped when she got eliminated

teresa said...

who was she? (if you'll share...)
(but don't feel pressured.)

i started watching for the relocation aspect that happens about mid-season; tyra whisks the remaining girls away to some fashion capital or another. there have been some great destinations in the past. now i like most parts of the show.

JUST ME said...

I enjoy Tyra's freak outs. And also...eating ice cream while watching.

JUST ME said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
teresa said...

cool! welcome!

Da CogNegro (Who is It?) said...

Top Model Follower ???? Hmmmmm, well then again, I still watch wrestling..

teresa said...

DS - i imagine the dramatic attire and levels of drama are probably similar.