Monday, May 03, 2010

Came and went

While the end of National Poetry Month came and went without a peep from me, I did have a poem in my proverbial pocket on April 30.  In fact, I shared it in my toast at my sister's wedding reception the following day. (Surely you can fill in the blanks regarding my absence: lil sis getting married + big sis/matron of honor in town the week before + loose ends = no rest for the weary.)



"The Sun Never Says"

Even after all this time
the sun never says to the earth, 
"You owe me."

Look what happens
with a love like that.
It lights the Whole sky.

- Hafiz


Farewell NPM,
and congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Austin.

4 comments:

davew said...

A poem. Not mine though.

Bertie Wertie had a sneeze.
Bertie Wertie had a disease.
You may even think he had a germ.
But that's unusual for a worm.

teresa said...

thanks for sharing, dave...(?)

Anonymous said...

Nice post keep blogging,... Hi please visit my blog http://jabrasr.blogspot.com/

lauren said...

Beautiful. Congrats to your sister (and to you for fulfilling your duties :)).