Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Made up words



Scene: In Urban Outfitters. T, friend and HomeBoy looking around.
**

Friend:  
I like UO, but sometimes it's hit or miss.

T: 
(picks up cluch with tiny bow) Hit.

Friend: 
 (picks up faded, floral thing) Miss.

T:  
It's cool for inspiration, but they try too hard.  Then again, I've never been a fan of buying new things that look used.  It's...it's faux-thentic.

Friend: 
Yeah, and it's overpriced. (chuckles) I like that, "faux-thentic."

T:  
If I see something in UO that I like, I always want to cross check with my grandma, my mom and aunts to make sure they don't already have the very thing I'm looking at.

Friend: 
Good idea. (picking up some pattern covered thing) I wish they had more of their furniture in-store.  I really like the whole Anthro, UO aesthetic.

T: 
They are very similar.

Friend: 
 They're owned by the same people.

T:  
Really? I didn't know that - explains a lot.  It's like the Banana, GAP, Old Navy trifecta.

Friend:  
Exactly. UO is a step down from Anthropologie.  It's like the GAP.

T: 
 Well, I wish they would get a move on that Old Navy version because this is still too much.

2 comments:

JUST ME said...

So, so true...

Anthro is my favorite store but is a no no for my wallet...

lauren said...

DITTO!!!