Monday, July 19, 2010

A place called this exists...

I don't want to introduce this as "Music Mondays" because as soon as I brand something or trump it up, I'll slack off. (Remember "Twenty-Something Tuesdays/Thursdays"?--exactly.)  So lets just say that it happens to be Monday, and I happen to have this song on my mind that I want to share. That's all.

 
"A Place Called This"

HomeBoy introduced me to this emcee, L'Roneous, hailing from northern Cali--the bay area I believe. When we first started talking (not talking-talking, just talking), we met at this coffee shop in downtown JC where he taught me the basics of chess. Then we went to a diner for a quick bite, and he dropped me off at home. Before I got out of the car, we sat in the jeep and listened to this song in total silence. Why talk? We just enjoyed the music and the company. This song stirs a plethora of memories for me, but even if it didn't I couldn't deny how fresh it is. Hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

viridiansun said...

nostalgia... i'm ALL about it right about now.

It's like I was in the jeep with ya'll, but not really b/c that'd be awkward :-/

teresa said...

HA! that made me laugh (out loud, even)! check out some other l'roneous tracks, if you get the chance. many of them have that peculiar nostalgic quality.