Tuesday, April 18, 2006

frankenbride...(or) you can't please all the people [in your family] all the time...

why "frankenbride", do you ask? why not "bridezilla", you inquire? simple. godzilla was a monster from the very beginning, no two ways about it. frankstein, however, was not always a monster. he became a monster as a result of his environment and extenuating circumstances. no no, my friends, frankstein was not a villain - he was, in essence, a victim. you readin' me (between the lines)?...trying not to be pre-madonna with it. trying to stay true to my sweats-and-sneaks-sit-on-the-floor-no-big-fuss self. that would be totally fine if i was inviting people over my house for a card party, but the fact of the matter is i'm not asking folks to come half way (or all the way, respectively) across the country for a picnic or a barbeque! i can't do it! oh Humility forgive me if that's wrong, but i can't... in the grand universal scheme of things i recognize that i probably sound like a shallow, spoiled-ass brat who has never worked a day in her life. but in the immediacy of the present, this dilemma has become a veritable thorn in my side.

No comments: