Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Twenty-Something Tuesday 1.5

"The best thing about life in your twenties
is you can do anything you want to do and still have the energy to do it."
-- An Amazing Woman



If I or any of my siblings ever complained about being tired, my mom would laugh and say, "Ya'll are the oldest children I know!" My sibs and I are years removed from those instances now, and though I would argue that puberty takes a lot out of a person (we need more sleep during that stage; science even says so), I think I get what my mom found so funny. We had fewer responsibilities and energy to spare. But sometimes we would do nothing at all with it.

As twenty-somethings, our responsibilities may have increased, but we still have amazing energy. There are probably things we do right now that we take for granted: all-nighters, late movies and concerts on a weeknight, road trips, jet-setting and not wasting the day of arrival or departure to "catch up on sleep". We will not be able to perform this way forever. So I say waste not, want not. While I do advocate taking care of yourself, we can splurge a little bit right now -- burn the candle at both ends once in a while. It's exhilarating.

GEMINI 1: Wait a minute. Didn't you just miss a post last week because you were too tired after coming in from a concert on a Tuesday?

GEMINI 2: Yep, and I'd do it again too!

**image above courtesy of the internets.**

2 comments:

a black girl said...

There might be a lifetime limit on all nighters. I think I may have hit mine my second year of gradschool because a sister cannot hang let me tell you. you better hope that paper was due at 8am because by ten i will be unable to wake up...

*sigh*

teresa said...

i think these behaviors should be indulged moderately. lol. the last all-nighter i pulled was to complete the 2nd set of applications for my current gig. safe to say, well worth it! & it was on my birthday's eve too! i brought in my 22nd year tired as all get out!