Friday, February 19, 2010

I'll Make You Famous




This must be the fun part about being a teacher – the ludicrous interaction with younger folks makes for great sound bites, or transcripts as it were. Below, a text message exchange between me and a younger one.



HER: Get a twitter

ME: U mean a twitter account? I’ve been trying not to.

HER: Why? I’m bouta delete my fcbk. I hate it. It took me 10 min to figure out how to log off.

ME: Oh no! I’ve heard that more ppl r opting out of fb in favor of twitter.

HER: Yea cause it’s simple. And fun. All u do is tweet in reply to someone or tweet about something stupid u saw or heard. Or anything really. And u could feel closer to celebrities because they really be on there.

ME: That’s what’s missing from my life! Feeling closer to celebrities!

HER: Haha. And being close to me.

ME: That’s a better reason. U should have led with that one.


*I’ve seen facebook abbreviated as “fb” but never “fcbk” – until now. I think I know why.

3 comments:

Da CogNegro (Who is It?) said...

"Fcbk" everyone who doesn't Tweet on Twitter or something...

JUST ME said...

Twitter keeps my attention for .08 seconds.

At least Facebook is full of pictures. Of people I don't know. Drinking heavily.

Suyinsays said...

twitter is just a way for you to write into nothing and no-one, so impersonal.