Saturday, August 06, 2005

leaving home and going home (or) not quite lewis and clark, but an expedition nonetheless

(sigh) tasha and i made it safely to kansas city yesterday. rented a car. signed my lease. did some looking around and some necessity shopping (i mean "we need a blanket to sleep on and some soap to clean the apartment" necessity not the "this bag will be gone when the fall line comes in and i can't risk it" necessity). my space is as beautiful as i remember it, and as soon as i can get some pictures up on this blog jon then you'll know exactly what i mean. i am so glad my sister came with me. not only did we want to do this together, i realize that i needed someone with me in the beginning at least. she's really taking the edge off. it is such a cute little city-town. this morning we got up and found the library (thus i am blogging). it's got these giant books outside and the steps are made of concreate books and it's just so darling. i have work on monday, so i'm trying to figure out the pub trans since the rental car's going back on monday. the monsy's kinda slim right now...okay, i'll be frank, my account looks like kate moss but if i can hold out - if i can keep it together til the end of this month (and i just had 4 years of "broke" training, so i should be able to do that) i will be okay. i miss you all so much already. kimberly patrice, your key ring was a most useful gift. and tiona's art was the first piece to go up in the apartment, so shout out to t. my belongings have not arrived yet, so i don't have much else to put up anywhere....i think we came down just in time for pride weekend. there were rainbows and free t-shirts and liquor and outdoor music and all that stuff everywhere. me and tash were like, "oh, hell yeah." it says alot to me if that's going on; it means the community here is at least somewhat forward thinking. maybe we'll find some trouble to get into tonight because we were just too tired after running around yesterday. the phrase that pays, ladies and gentlemen: "free fun!!!!....sorry l, i 4got the paragraphs again - damn.

2 comments:

Gradly said...

I'm so happy that you made it to Kansas City. Now I can come and visit. I'll bring you some more soap. I just have one question....Did you get a certificate from your four years of broke training?

teresa said...

i did get a certificate. it said "bachelor of [the] arts [of being a broke ass]"