Friday, March 31, 2006

only the strong...when i grow up...advanced chemistry

In this episode, Janice makes a comeback, and Jade finds her role model. Gina gets bullied, bent out of shape and shipped home. Nenna gets hot and heavy on set and proves she's a woman for all seasons.


In the famous words of Martin Lawrence, “Damn, Gina!” I hate when I'm right (not really); I didn't want Gina to go home yet, but 4 minutes into the episode I knew it was over. And by the end of the episode I was glad to see her go. That girl did more whining than I could stand, and I have a patience threshold that rivals the Sears Tower. Jade kept taking advantage of her, and Gina kept letting it happen. “I know I can rock this, but I just…” Do you know, Gina? Who are you trying to convince? It's not working. So Janice comes in and embarrasses Gina to the nth degree. Did she learn the importance of being confident enough to laugh at her self? No. (For the record, Janice, that bate-and-switch you pulled at dinner was wrong. No wonder Jade felt a connection with you - bullies of a feather) After blowing up, was Gina able to get Jade out of her system and focus? No. Was she even able to capitalize on her cheesy side for the Sears shoot? No. Maybe Gina's place in the fashion industry is behind the scenes, but only if there are no bugs there of course…

When the girls met Tyra, backstage at the talk show (what a shameless plug that was), they discussed their plans for the future. There are lots of lawyers in that group. I believe Mollie Sue's a nice fit for the fashion world. Daniel, if you want to be a singer, but you decidedly cannot sing, is that your covert way of telling us that top model is your only other ambition? And who are you trying to fool, Jade? You want to be a kindergarten teacher, do you? Because you love kids, you say? Sure you love kids - to eat! Tell the truth! You just want to be surrounded by people who are smaller than you, so you can boss them around and maybe get them to look up to you. Daniel said she would home school her kids before she'd put them in Jade's class; I agree. Congratulations to Brooke who took the Leno out of her look for this week's shoot. There's hope for her yet. As if she wasn't impressive enough, we learned that Nenna wants to return to the continent of Africa to study disease. She already has a degree in chemistry. As far as I could see, she earned her masters in chemistry on the set of their shoot (woo hoo!)! ;+)

Nenna was amazing at both shoots. The first was a surprise because I thought her quiet intensity would be too much for a Sears ad, but she knows herself. That wardrobe is quite a prize too. Nenna knew how to turn it down and open up. But for the “Future Careers” shoot, maybe she was a little too open? Serves boyfriend, John, right. He was so insecure before they even did the shoot that, as far as I'm concerned, that was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sorry, dear John…

I have to take a minute to laugh again - ha ha! Ladies, I told you before, I'll tell you again - it's too early to leave the country! I think they got it this time; it sort of went like this, “Tyra-mail…(reading)…oh! It means we're going to… We ain't going no where.”

2 comments:

MB said...

ha ha ha dead on!!!

do you know that i have your so cool crochet pancho?

teresa said...

thanks! and yeah. i left it when i came back on sunday afternoon. i don't know when i'll be back in atl, so can you send it or hold it for me?