Thursday, May 26, 2005

not gift - power

started the ball rolling today. packed more things away. cleaned and reflected on a few things. journaled a bit. wanted to write a poem, but it turned into a journal entry. i'm okay with that though; so long as i'm writing i'm fine. went to see a dance performance today...amazing. dancers have always amazed me, but to see this young girl full of charisma and talent and a mother that supports her completely... i thought about my sisters and how they both dance and how i want to support them in any way that i can. then i hope that i am such a fabulous mom that my children are humble and obedient, but still know that they are the sh*t. and oh yes, they will be the sh*t. on a damper note, one of my sisterfriends she came and had a bad day. i was glad that she felt she could tralk to me, but i wish there was more i could do. sometimes the best thing to do is to listen. by the end of the night, after the performance she was laughing again. it was good to see, even if just for a time, and it occurred to me that we have the power to heal each other and ourselves. not gift - power, and why not? if we are made in the image of the all-powerful how can we not contain at least a bit of power? illogical, isn't. and the world wants us to disown our power in the name of what? gender? femininity? hell no. i say, be powerful!!!!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Hey Teresa-
Its me(love how i pop up out the blue) anyway- you are being put on my page against your will. Consider it payback for your unwillingness to cooperate with my master plan.

Anyway I'm in love with your words,

oh and i guess youre nice too..

aLII

MB said...

Some women I know in MN are doing a "wait" answer record? do you want to do one?!

teresa said...

alii - how i do miss ur deviance!
alysia - i'm glad you found me, once in life and now in blog world, ain't life grand?
moya - the yinyang think they music can just keep getting worse? just wait 'til they hear this verse...